Understanding the development site
- Land Securities has been working hard to research, survey and understand the site, the majority of which has previously been inaccessible to the public.
Understanding the challenges
- Our research has shown that there are issues with the current road network and public transport infrastructure.
- Development at Lodge Hill gives us the opportunity, in partnership with others, to help improve the situation. We are looking at a number of transport solutions, such as improvements to Four Elms Roundabout, an increase to the number of road lanes on Four Elms Hill, a bus priority lane and the establishment of a quality bus network.
- We also understand that there are pre-existing issues with the utilities infrastructure network.
- Lodge Hill will not be a burden on the existing utilities infrastructure. It will be fully capable of meeting its own water, drainage, gas and electricity needs.
- The existing landscape is a defining feature of Lodge Hill. Both Land Securities and Natural England believe that this development has the potential to set a benchmark for future regeneration across the UK.